[asterisk-users] Asterisk and MiniITX setups

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Dec 29 12:55:59 MST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, C F wrote:

> Gordon, how did you get such good numbers?
> Here is my setup:
> root at pbx:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 10
> model name      : VIA Esther processor 1200MHz
> stepping        : 9
> cpu MHz         : 399.054
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like your BIOS settings are a bit wonky... I've seen this after I
accidentally shafted a board by fiddling with the video settings and had
to subsequently zero the bios with the jumper... Go in and check the clock
multipliers, etc.

FWIW: my test machine is a very old:

model name      : VIA Samuel 2
cpu MHz         : 533.377
cache size      : 64 KB

and the "production" machine is:

model name      : VIA Esther processor 1000MHz
cpu MHz         : 997.560
cache size      : 128 KB

> What distro are you running?

I'm running Debian sarge as the base, with a stick kernel compiled
statically for the hardware. I also compile asterisk & zaptel from sources
then hand-craft (with the aid of some scripts!) this into a compressed
initrd and put it all on a 64MB IDE flash drive which subsequently loads
entirely into RAM and runs from there. (I have a 2nd 64MB flash drive for
voicemail storage) Output of df -h:

/dev/ram0             124M   70M   55M  57% /
tmpfs                 125M     0  125M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hdc2              60M   16K   60M   1% /data

The board has 256MB of RAM fitted, so 128MB for the ramdisk and 128MB for
run-time. Who needs fancy embedded stuff these days ;-)

Gordon