[asterisk-users] How does Sipura route incoming calls?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 29 10:06:07 MST 2006

I have a working Asterisk 1.2 and Sipura SPA3000 combo but I would like
to have more control over incoming PSTN calls to the Sipura.

Right now such calls come in over the fxo port (sipurafxo1 on the PSTN
tab) and are routed by dial plan 8 to the fxs port (sipurafxs1 Line 1 tab)

I'm not even sure if the calls are getting to the fxs port and they sure
are not going to the specified context.

Does Sipura automatically route these calls?  If so, to where?
Is there any way to prevent Sipura from picking up the PSTN line
(causing all other phones connected to the incoming PSTN line to cease
ringing as if the call was picked up)?

Finally, what should I put in dial plan 8 or elsewhere to send the call
to a context of my choice?

Larry
--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX