[asterisk-users] asterisk doesn't know version of asterisk-addons?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Dec 29 08:45:46 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Remco Barendse wrote:
>
>> When you clean out /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and then install
>> zaptel-1.2.12 -> libpri-1.2.4 -> asterisk 1.2.14 ->
>> asterisk-addons-1.2.5 and then you compile and install asterisk *again*
>> it complains that the modules of asterisk-addons are not built for this
>> version of asterisk?
>>

> No it does not. It tells you to _verify_ that they are built for this version of Asterisk, because it knows those modules were not installed by the Asterisk installation process itself.
So exactly what is the sequence of operations required. I have read
different opinions, but have not found a statement of the correct order?
Download and untar zaptel, libpri,asterisk and asterisk add-ons, then
compile and install zaptel, libpri and asterisk THEN asterisk add-ons,
or should it be zaptel, libpri, asterisk add-ons, then finish with Asterisk?

John Novack