[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 114

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:14:16 MST 2006

> Can someone tell me how Asterisk handles music-on-hold between servers?
> Documentation for this is non-existent.
>
> Lets say user A, who is registered on pbx1, calls user B, who is registered on pbx2.
>
> 1. User A puts user B on hold. The moh that is played to user B should be specified according to user A. Which pbx box should this be set on? pbx1? pbx2? Both?
>
> 2. Is the situation any different if the 'trunk' between pbx1 and pbx2 is SIP or IAX?

I'm using IAX trunk between the servers.

It tested fine.  After switching the [default] mode=files instead of
mode=quietmp3 (restart the pbx, don't just reload res_musiconhold.so),
I could call from pbx1 to pbx2, from pbx2 put the call on hold, pbx2
would play the MOH correctly.  Call pbx2 to pbx1, put the call on hold
from pbx1 and pbx1 played the MOH correctly.

Didn't see any issues past mode=files.

--
JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses