[asterisk-users] Re: [OT] Wifi SIP phones - LinkSys WIP330

Nathan Bowyer nbowyer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 15:08:05 MST 2006

On 12/28/06, Bryan M. Johns <bryan at sheltonjohns.com> wrote:

> I recommend the hitachi wifi phones for use with asterisk.
>
> Bryan M. Johns
> Partner
> Shelton Johns Technology Group
> Office: (678) 248-2637 X: 1500
> Direct: (678) 229-1809
> http://www.sheltonjohns.com
> **Sent from my mobile phone**

Funny you should mention this.  I just pulled a WIP300 out of a box about 5
minutes ago to test it.

First impression: The speaker sucks.  All calls sound like there's an
ill-tuned radio in the background, with some kind of squealing always
present.  Also a fair amount of static.

The AP is about 5 feet away, so I don't think its the connectivity.  I'm not
giving up on this phone yet though.  Will report back with more if this
topic still lives when I'm finished.