[asterisk-users] Checking voicemail from outside

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Thu Dec 28 13:16:51 MST 2006

Rob,

Interestingly enough, I'm using that same sample macro, and that line is
indeed in there, yet when I hit *, I hear the tone to leave a message.
Any ideas?

Phil

Phil,

Add this to your extensions (I have mine in a macro)

exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})        ; If they press *, send to

Voicemail

so it should look like...

exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG2},13,${ARG3})

exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1}) exten =>
s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1}) exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})

I have a few other things in there as well, but those are the lines that
should do what you want. When you press *, you are prompted for a
password.

Rob