[asterisk-users] Checking voicemail from outside

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Dec 28 07:02:52 MST 2006

Phil,

Add this to your extensions (I have mine in a macro)

exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})        ; If they press *, send to
Voicemail

so it should look like...

exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG2},13,${ARG3})
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1})
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1})
exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})

I have a few other things in there as well, but those are the lines that
should do what you want. When you press *, you are prompted for a password.

Rob