[asterisk-users] 1.4.0, IMAP and Dovecot

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Wed Dec 27 12:19:07 MST 2006

As an FYI, this has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with Asterisk.

Asterisk is a PBX application. Dovcot is an email application. They have
nothing to do with each other. Asterisk is not a Linux distribution or
operating system.

I suggest that you ask your question on a more appropriate mailing list,
but it seems as though you are so thourougly confused as to what is
what, that you should probably pick up a beginners book on Linux and go
from there. I know this may sound harsh, but trust me: you will be much
better off in the long run if you educate yourself somewhat.

To give you an idea on how far off you are, it would be like going into
a car repair shop and asking about a furnace problem. While someone
there may be able to help you, you went to the wrong place.