[asterisk-users] 1.4.0, IMAP and Dovecot

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Dec 27 11:44:10 MST 2006

I thought I would give the new IMAP support a spin on my home
server, but without much luck so far.

Asterisk 1.4.0
Dovecot 0.99.14
Maildir format
C-client 2006d

The imap server is also the Asterisk server, so connections are
on the localhost.

The error posted to the logs is:
IMAP Error: Can't open mailbox
{127.0.0.1:143/imap/authuser=root//user=dan_austin}INBOX: invalid remote
specification

Digging in the code and the c-client documentation the '//' is where
additional flags would go.  I've tried a number of the flags supported
by the c-client library, but the results are the same.

Has anyone managed to get IMAP working in Asterisk with Dovecotas the
backend?

Thanks,
Dan