[asterisk-users] agi+cepstral driving me nuts

blackwater dev blackwaterdev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 12:13:43 MST 2006

I just got cepstal working fine in the dial plan using code like:

exten => 511,5,AGI(cepstral.pl|Welcome to my house finder.  At the beep
enter your zip code.)

The php script it calls is based on the nerdvittles weather one so it calls
a webpage which prints to the screen, the nerdvittles code uses system to
generate the .wav file then has the dial plan call it via:

//php script
$retcode2 = system ("flite -f  $tmptext -o $tmpwave") ;

//extensions
exten => 411,9,NoOp(Wave file: ${TMPWAVE})
exten => 411,10,Playback(${TMPWAVE})

Since I am using capstral, I simply changed the line to below which works
fine from the command line but when calling, I never hear it, it just hangs
up.  Is it timing out?  Is there a better way to do this?  How can I return
just a string of Text to read so I don't have to create the .wav file then
play it?

$retcode2 = system ("swift -n Diane -m text -f  $tmptext -o $tmpwave") ;

Thanks!