[asterisk-users] MeetMe w/ SMP was (My Phone Review- Large Scale Corp Deployment.)

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Dec 25 08:10:38 MST 2006

Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
>> Steve Edwards wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm running CentOS 4.4, Asterisk 1.2.13 on HP DL380's. My application is
>>> mostly meetme conferences being created and closed all day long. Peak
>>> load is around 200 SIP calls.
>>>
>>> I was crashing 7 to 10 times a day until I booted a non-SMP kernel. I
>>> haven't had a crash since. Meetme does not play well with SMP.
>>
>> Interesting,  I've been running asterisk (v1.2.10) on an SMP system
>> (dual Xeon 2.66Ghz) with several MeetMe conference rooms for quite a
>> while now.  The server has a current uptime of 24 days (moved the system
>> to a new UPS).  I have not experienced the crashes you reference.
>
> I now suspect the DL380's. Others have said they were running HT and SMP
> systems without incident.
>
> I stil haven't had a crash since I booted the non-SMP kernel :)

Another difference I noted between your reports and those (like myself)
indicating success with SMP and MeetMe is that it appears you are
frequently using dynamic MeetMe rooms, is this correct?  We normally use
static rooms.  Perhaps the problem lies with the creation and tear down
of the rooms?

--
Jamin W. Collins