[asterisk-users] Voicemail hangup by gateway?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Dec 24 01:35:06 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a spiffy new gateway which seems quite promising.

It's the Audiocodes MP114 FXS_FXO (2 of each).

I have got it configured and working reasonably well, but have a couple
of issues.

1) Asterisk 1.2.13 voicemail seems to be hung up on by the gateway
after 10 seconds.  This isn't asterisk saying it's quiet for 10
seconds, it's the gateway deciding it's time to go by by.

2) I am still working on tuning the volume parameters to get minimum
echo and maximum audio.

This gateway is much more stable and workable then either of the other
options I have struggled with.  It works the way it should, and
continues to do so (novel).

Thanks for any ideas/experiences/help with the above.
Marty

PS Yes I have a call in to the vendor also,  but hope someone here has
ideas too.