[asterisk-users] Determining invalid extensions.

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Sat Dec 23 07:16:20 MST 2006

I used _XX. Since it was used in the examples I got from voicepulse.
Maybe I can modify it so it's standardized by using 's'.  Any idea why
they'd use something like that for incoming calls?  Are you sure 600
would match _XX.?  I thought _XX. Was just two digits.

Thanks for the help,
Phil

Phil Finkler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to incorporate using the i extension in my callplan to
> determine if someone enters an invalid extension. My internal
> extensions are all 3 digits (100-104). The problem is, the callplan
> doesn't see that say, extension 600 is invalid, it just goes back to
> the beginning of the callplan and repeats. If I enter a single digit,
> it works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas? Here's the incoming
callplan.

It's because 600 will match _XX.

Why don't you just use the 's' extension, instead of '_XX.'?

Leo