[asterisk-users] How accurate is show translation?

Vicky vicky.r at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 01:29:15 MST 2006

I tried it on a intel 3 ghz p4 box and a athlon 3000 768 mb ram  running
vista and host for centos 4 ( vmware ) considering  the load on athlon
running asterisk ( that too under vista plus vmware ) while intel 3 ghz p4 1
GB ram box was sitting idle with centos , there was hardly a 1 ms difference
in show translation on both machines . Besides i just compared my p4's
results to ur D930 results and there is no difference ( infact my g729
results are better than ) .. But this doesnt mean both are same  dual core
cpu's will definitely give much higher number of channel transcoding then
lower p4's . Put both the box under some cpu load by other programs and then
use show translation recalc 30 and you will see performance difference
between them ;)

          g723   gsm  ulaw  alaw  g726 adpcm  slin lpc10  g729 speex  ilbc
   g723     -     -       -        -     -     -     -     -     -     -
-
    gsm     -     -       2        2      2       2     1           5
8    28    14
    ulaw     -     3      -        1      2       2     1           5
8    28    14
    alaw     -     3      1        -      2       2     1           5
8    28    14
   g726     -     3      2        2      -       2     1        5     8
28    14
adpcm     -     3      2        2      2       -     1       5     8
28    14
     slin     -     2      1        1      1       1     -       4     7
27    13
  lpc10     -     4      3        3      3       3     2         -     9
29    15
   g729     -     3      2       2      2       2     1         5     -
28    14
 speex     -     4      3       3      3       3     2       6     9
-    15
     ilbc     -     4      3       3      3       3     2       6     9
29     -