[asterisk-users] UPDATE - Analog Phones with FSK/Stutter MWI

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Dec 22 23:46:47 MST 2006

 After purchasing the Uniden TRU9480 and then the Panansonic 5672, both of
which do not have "phone company" compatible FSK/stutter MWI, I finally
got smart and found out just which Panasonic phones have this feature.

Only the following 5.8G models in their current line have FXO compatible
MWI. I purchased the 5771 unit and one remote. I have confimed it does in
fact work with Asterisk and my SPA-3000. When there is a message waiting
both the LCD display and a flashing indicator on the phone alert you. This
is true for all extensions on the system, up to 8.

These work with both FSK and Stutter tone. I did not turn on the tone MWI
as the FSK worked fine.

KX-TG5776S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange. Expandable Digital Cordless Answering
System with a 1.5" Full-Color (65k Color Capable) Backlit LCD on Handset
$119.95

KX-TG5771S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange. Expandable Digital Cordless Answering
System with Talking Caller ID $99.95

KX-TG5622M 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange Dual-Handset Phone System $89.95

KX-TG5761S 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with
Talking Caller ID $89.95

In order for the external MWI to work you must turn on the message
indicator and for units that have answering machines the machine must be
turned off.

Perhaps we could put together a list of analog phones that have this
feature. I have been told that both Uniden and ATT have models that work
but I have no knowledge of all that do in their entire line.

Each brand has their own features and while the Panasonic is solid - I had
a 2.4G system for years and really liked it - the Unidens seems to have
more for the money but in this case not MWI.

I guess you could tell I really wanted this MWI to work!

Doug