[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXW-4108 8 port FXO

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Thu Dec 21 15:07:36 MST 2006

Chris,

These devices are still very new to the market. Finding reviews on
them may be tough still. From our experience its a good little device
for the dollar; but, keep in mind, it's still a low cost gateway and
that normally means don't expect too much.

We've sold few cases here and response on them have been both good
and bad. Grandstream for a while stopped shipping any units they had
due to firmware problems on the unit. Quality of this product is
driven a lot off of the firmware alone unfortunately as well as the
environment the units are being used in. However, supposedly
Grandstream began shipping the unit again recently and released new
firmware on many of their products which they have boasted to us as
being "much better".

That being said, I can't say whether this unit works great, good, or
poorly at this time. I would say it could work very well for a budget
conscious,small office or home office setup.

I'd like to see some good user reviews on this unit from people that
have it running in a live environment. We've only played with it here.

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation
www.atacomm.com
V: 1-877-700-VOIP