[asterisk-users] Inform callers on recorded/monitored number.

Eric Jacksch eric.jacksch at tenebris.ca
Wed Dec 20 21:53:11 MST 2006

Your dialplan won¹t hit s-ANSWER ‹ Dial doesn¹t return until an answered
call is completed.  If you want to announce that the call is recorded to the
person making the call, play it to them before the dial.  If you want to
announce it to the person receiving the call, try the M option.

You might also want to look at what the legal situation is in your
jurisdiction.  Here one only needs the consent of one party to the call, so
I don¹t have to advise the callee that the call is recorded if the caller
consents to the recording.

On 2006-12-19 04:13, "Angel Heart" <cocent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul & Eric,
>
> Thank you for you information and quick response. I had enabled Monitoring in
> every SIP phone already. Made some Playback see below truncated config;
>
> exten => s,21,Dial(${pre_num:4}${the_num}${post_num},120,${TRUNK_OPTIONS})
> exten => s,22,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
> exten => s,108,Noop(max channels used up)
> exten => s-BUSY,1,NoOp(Trunk is reporting BUSY)
> exten => s-BUSY,2,Busy()
> exten => s-BUSY,3,Wait(60)
> exten => s-BUSY,4,NoOp()
> ;Below was an added codes for the purpose of advising caller status of their
> call.
> exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Playback(user)
> exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Playback(is-curntly-unavail)
> exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Hangup()
>
> exten => s-ANSWER,1,Background(for-quality-purposes)
> exten => s-ANSWER,n,Background(this-call-may-be)
> exten => s-ANSWER,n,Background(recorded)
>
> exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Playback(is-curntly-unavail)
> exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,n,Hangup()
>
> exten => s-CONGESTION,1,PlayTones(congestion)
> exten => s-CONGESTION,n,Wait(5)
> exten => s-CONGESTION,n,StopPlayTones()
> exten => s-CONGESTION,n,Hangup()
>
> All the value of  DIALSTATUS are working except if its ANSWER, it not working
> neither the caller or callee doen't hear anything. I might inserted the
> message at the wrong .conf file. I just thought that somebody out there had
> tried doing these before.
>

> Scenerio:
>

> SIP phone (101) wanted to call out-side Asterisk via ISDN/PSTN (6320011). Upon
> answering by user 6320011, it hears sound like "For Quality Assurance
> Purposes, this call might be monitored or recorded". It is more important for
> us that the called 6320011 should be informed about the recorded conversation
> and its up to him/her (called/6320011) to hangup or accept.
>

> The same thing when some body called the SIP phone (101), from out-side
> Asterisk via ISDN/PSTN Trunk. The caller (from PSTN) should be informed about
> the recorded calls; Asterisk will send ringing tone then playback(For
> Quality...) continue with music(MOH) until SIP phone(101 will answer.
>

> Hope you could provide me a little bit specific configuration on where to
> insert such scripts.
>

> Thanks
>

> Angel

Eric Jacksch
+1 613 860-0964 Ottawa
+1 647 722-3544 Toronto
+1 514 907-0031 Montreal

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve
neither liberty or security." -- Benjamin Franklin