Re: [asterisk-users] spandsp 0.0.3 RxFax fax =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_reception crashes bristuffed_asterisk_1=2E2=2E13_[?= Virusgeprüft]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:24:16 MST 2006

Hi

On 12/21/06, Lee Howard <faxguy at howardsilvan.com> wrote:
> spandsp is a dsp library with lots of pieces to it.  IAXmodem uses the
> T.31 portion (the Class 1 modem) which uses the actual DSP parts of
> V.21, V.29, and V.27ter (and potentially V.17).  However, the bulk of
> the fax protocol is actually performed by the HylaFAX Class 1 driver.
> With txfax/rxfax it does not use the T.31 portion, using the T.30
> portion of spandsp, instead, and thus also does not use the same fax
> protocol driver as does the HylaFAX+IAXmodem combination.  So the only
> thing the same are the DSPs... V.21, V.29, V.27ter (and potentially V.17).

thank you for this.
What are the advantages of T31 over T30 ?

In any case, congratulations on a great piece of software, it works
really for well me so far.

One thing I'm missing right now (but I haven't looked at what can be
done to fix it), is that rxfax add useful bits of information at the
top of the page (faxid, time of call etc),  while hylafax leave it
empty.

yesterday, while doing my test, i found out that iaxmodem would
unregister from asterisk once in a while (running on the local
interface), what i've done around that is set up  more iaxmodem than I
need, however at one stage I had to restart the iaxmodem for it to
reconnect as after a few minutes there were still non-registered
modem.

JY