[asterisk-users] Re: Match a Numer - then continue with dialplan

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Dec 20 14:51:22 MST 2006

>> [example]
>> include => ctx31X
>> include => ctx3XX
>>
>> exten => _X.,1,NoOp(this gets executed first for everything)
>> exten => _X.,2,NoOp(this gets executed second only if ctx31X
>> or ctx3XX didnt match)
>> exten => _X.,3,NoOp(this gets executed third for everything)
>>
>> [ctx31X]
>> exten => _31X,2,NoOp(this gets executed second for 310-319)
>>
>> [ctx3XX]
>> exten => _3XX,2,NoOp(this gets executed second for 300-309
>> and 320-399)

DG> Does this really work?

Yes

DG> I've never seen this behavior documented anywhere. Asterisk always
DG> searches the current context before looking in included ones for a
DG> start. Second, I don't see how it can just jump out of [example]
DG> into [ctx31X] and back again without being told to do so....

Ah, there's your confusion. Asterisk never leaves the [example]
context to go into the other contexts. It stays in the example
context. Asterisk just cut-n-pastes the two other contexts in.
Ordering is important here though! includes are processed in order;
everything else gets reordered by Asterisk.

/Benny