[asterisk-users] Re: Match a Numer - then continue with, dialplan

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 14:40:45 MST 2006

In article <645FEC31A18FE54A8721500CDD55A7B6035D0C6C at mail.oneeighty.com>,
Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:

> Let's try this a different way. Let's say you have two companies. When someone calls a
> number in their own company, we use their INTERNAL caller id. When they call someone in
> another company, we want to send their EXTERNAL caller id. How would you do this?

Firstly, in the setup you are envisaging, how do you distinguish which
company the caller is calling from? Their extensions number? The context
at which they enter the dialplan? Or something else?

Secondly, how do you distinguish between destination numbers in one company
from those in another? Number range? Context?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield