[asterisk-users] No music on hold?

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Wed Dec 20 14:36:11 MST 2006

I'm totally at a loss here.  I can't get music on hold when placing
someone on hold or when dialing an internal extension.  When I dial an
internal extension I hear ringing yet on my phone it shows little
musical notes like it thinks it's hearing music.  What to do! :-)

Phil

Lee Jenkins wrote:

> I was wondering the same thing as my MOH isn't working either in a
> 1.2.14 installation so I'm recompiling mpg123 as per:
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+mpg123+redhat
>
> We know you obviously need to use the "m" flag for the caller to hear
> MOH when dialing an extension, but I wonder if it's required AFTER the

> call has been answered and then put on hold.

OK, asterisk just finished compiling and my MOH is working correctly.  I

have also verified that you do *not* have to have "m" in the Dial
command in order for MOH to play when placed on hold.

Note that I have a command in the initial context of my dialplan that
set music on hold:

exten=>s,1,SetMusicOnHold(default)

--

Warm Regards,