[asterisk-users] Echo problem

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Wed Dec 20 09:55:13 MST 2006

"Steve Davies" <davies147 at gmail.com> writes:
> "Scott Gifford" <sgifford at suspectclass.com> writes:
[...]

> 1.5 to 2 seconds. That is a HUGE delay. echo delay is normally
> measured in tens or perhaps hundreds of milliseconds, and you are
> unlikely to find a software EC that can deal with a 1.5 to 2 second
> delay!
>
> This sounds as if there is something very broken in the voice network,
> causing huge amounts of delay. As suggested above, check the
> intermediate switch.

What's interesting is the lines come in via 2 PRI lines, and most
calls go out via analog lines to people's desks and a voicemail
system.  These lines all work fine.  So the problem likely isn't in
the PSTN and isn't an inherent flaw with the switch, though it could
be the T1 card connected to our Asterisk server or its configuration.

It seems the problem is either on the Tadiran switch or the Asterisk
server.  Unfortunately we don't have a good way to determine which,
since we don't have another switch to try, or another device to
replace the Digium server.

> [snip]
>

>> > We have done loopback tests with the Digium card with a loop plug in
>> > it.
>
> What were the results?

Oh, sorry, I should have said: These tests were successful.

----Scott.