[asterisk-users] Re: Match a Numer - then continue with dialplan

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Dec 20 08:46:08 MST 2006

Don't get offended Doug, but I get really frustrated when I try to explain what I am trying to do with Asterisk, and people don't seem to quite get it. Your about the 4th person who's replied to this post, and hasn't quite grasped my question. :) <--- smiley.. see...we're all cool.

I don't want Asterisk to go on to ask for more digits. I want to do a very simple thing. I want to set a variable when call flow continues beyond a certain point (without asking the user for more digits), and then continue on, and use that variable later. It's a very simple thing, I can't work out why Asterisk doesn't let me do that.

Surely other people have hit the situation where they first check extensions within a company, and then if there's no match, you glue all the other companies dialplans together with this one. At that point, when one company dials another, the caller id that's sent should be the company caller id, not the caller id of the individual extension. It's a very common business requirement... at least that's what my boss, who has spend many years installing TDM pbx's tells me.

> BTW - what is a numer?

A numer is a spelling mistake. I was going to change the title, but it would have broken the thread.