[asterisk-users] Dial 9 to get out?

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Wed Dec 20 07:55:18 MST 2006

Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction here.  What I'd like to do
with Asterisk is a) dial a 3 digit extention (i.e. 100) on my polycom
phones and after the 3rd digit is entered, it dials that extension and
b) dial 9 to get out like older PBX systems.  Since my internal
extensions start with a 1 I think what happens is I enter extension 100
for example, and the phone sits there.  If I enter 1, areacode, number
the moment I enter the last digit of the number it dials the number.
ALSO I'd like to be able to dial local numbers without using 1+areacode.
Note that I'm using voicepulse so it makes sense that it isn't
intelligent enough to know when a number is a local one or not.

Thanks!

Phil