[asterisk-users] No music on hold?

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Wed Dec 20 07:00:00 MST 2006

I installed the asterisk-addons from source and installed them.  It
looks like it copied format_mp3.so but I'm not sure if 1.2.14 addons are
compatible with asterisk 1.2.10.  Also I unpacked the asterisk source
for the 3 MOH .mp3's and copied them to the appropriate location.  Still
MOH is not working.   Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
Phil

Heya,

> I've got Asterisk 1.2.10 up and running on Debian using the back
ports.
> I noticed that it didn't come with mpg123 or depend on it and I
believe
> I read somewhere that asterisk now handles it's own mp3 playback?  Is
> this true?  If so I must have a problem, because I hear no music when
> putting someone on hold.  When looking at the console when putting
> someone on hold, I see the following:
>
>     -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel
> 'IAX2/voicepulse01-3'
>     -- Stopped music on hold on IAX2/voicepulse01-3
>
> It says music starts and then it instantly stops.  Any ideas?

Do you have asterisk-addons installed? That could be the issue.

J.