[asterisk-users] AgentCallbackLogin() deprecated in 1.4

"Markus Bönke" mbodbg at gmx.net
Wed Dec 20 06:39:42 MST 2006

Hello all,

I've seen that the application AgentCallbackLogin()has been set to deprecated in version 1.4. So I've done some tests based on the tutorial "queues-with-callback-members.txt" coming with version 1.4.

What's not clear for me is what is happening to agents.conf, it seems that it's no longer needed, and I have to define my agents using variables in extensions.ael. The other thing is, that "show agents" doesn't show me which agents are logged in and if I use "show queue" I can see local channels attached to a queue but no agents. For my point of view there is some functionality lost with the new concept.

If I want to program a realtime display to show agentstates in queues based on the output from "show queue", what's the concept to map agents to the local channels? How can I configure agents in future?

Any comments regarding that topic are appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Markus