[asterisk-users] Day/night service and indications on the phone

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Wed Dec 20 02:36:28 MST 2006

Olivier ha scritto:

>     I'm happy to report that with a very litte change to app_devstate.c
>     (just in the way ast_device_state_changed_literal() is called)
>     that module just compiles and works fine even without bristuffing
>     anything.
>     BTW I'm using a Thomson ST2030S phone with a status key subscribed
>     to a DS/xxx hint.
>
>     Thanks again for your precious help!
>

> Could you elaborate ?
> How is it working now ?
> How you  extensions.conf file looks like ?
>
> Regards

Here's what I've got:

Configuration file for operator's phone:

[sys]
FeatureKeyExt10=S/<sip:700>

extensions.conf (within phone sip account's context):
;day-night service
exten => 700,hint,DS/night
exten => 700,1,DBGet(night=DEVSTATES/night)
exten => 700,n,GotoIf($[ ${night} = 2 ]?disable)
exten => 700,n,Devstate(night,2)
exten => 700,n,Playback(custom/night-service-on)
exten => 700,n,Hangup()
exten => 700,n(disable),Devstate(night,1)
exten => 700,n,Playback(custom/night-service-off)
exten => 700,n,Hangup()

(I have of course my own audio files that prompt
the operator about night service status)

The operator turns on/off the night service by just
pressing the F10 key on the phone, and its led
adjusts accordingly.

As to app_devstate.c, I've replaced any occurence of
ast_device_state_changed_literal(), which in bristuffed asterisk
takes 3 parameters (devname, cid, cidname) with

ast_device_state_changed_literal(devName)

as the original asterisk prototype requires (I don't care about
cid and cidname for this specific function).

To compile it outside bristuffed asterisk, just copy app_devstate.c to
the apps directory then edit the Makefile in it, adding

APPS+=app_devstate.so

after the first APPS= assignment.

I suggest you to do "make" and copy manually the resulting app_devstate.so
to your asterisk modules directory, instead of doing "make install",
then issue a "load app_devstate.so" on the asterisk cli without restarting
it.

Thanks for the tip about thomson blf and firmware.
I'll try to trace sip dialog between thomson and chan_sip, although I'm
not very much into development. With some amount of luck I can try to
change the behavior of chan_sip code....

Alberto.