[asterisk-users] better handling of calls forwarded by SIP phones

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-asterisk-users at apartia.org
Wed Dec 20 01:10:13 MST 2006

Hello,

When a user forwards his SIP phone to another extension (say an absent
boss to his secretary) I'd like the unanswsered forwarded call to end up
in the new destination's voicemail. With my current diaplan the call is
handled by the original recipient's voicemail:

	[macro-stdexten]

	exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${MACRO_EXTEN})

	exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/014647${MACRO_EXTEN}|${RINGTIME}|t|)
	exten => s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

	exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(su${MACRO_EXTEN})
	exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Goto(default,s,1)

	exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(sb${MACRO_EXTEN})
	exten => s-BUSY,n,Goto(default,s,1)

	exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

Ideally the dialplan would need to detect that the call was forwarded
and not Goto voicemail.

Any idea?