[asterisk-users] Re: Newbie Questions - Grandstorm phones?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Dec 20 00:37:35 MST 2006

Well that is certainly an option but not all phones would have a send key
especially if you are using analog phones. I guess the # keys functions in
that way on many of those.

I still like my "wired" phones to work like they use to. You dial a number
and it executes the call immediately.

Ok I came up with one that I think would work, maybe needs some
refinement....

[out-international]
exten => _011,1,goto(process-international,s,1)

[process-international]

exten => s,1,read(number)
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/011${number}@gizmo,120,T)
exten => s,3,Macro(failann,${DIALSTATUS})

This accepts the 011 prefix and then any number of following digits.
Terminator is timeout period OR # key to send. Change obviously for your
provider.

The read command has many options including saying a file. You could for
instance hear "Country Code" after dialing 011. This would clue you into
the fact that you  were dialing and international call. There are also
digit limits and timeouts that can be set.

So if you use early dial this would be the only rule that would require a
wait or # key to send. I could certainly live with that.

Can anyone supply some international test numbers??? Say in the UK or
Germany or wherever outside the US.

Doug