[asterisk-users] Match a Numer - then continue with dialplan

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Dec 19 17:19:57 MST 2006

[snip]

> > [coo1_CallStart]
> > include => coo1_OnNet
> > include => syst_OnNet
> > include => syst_OffNet
>
> Instead of including your system-wide logic for offnet calling,
> introduce a per-company offnet and include that instead:
>
> [coo1_CallStart]
>  include => coo1_OnNet
>  include => syst_OnNet
>  include => coo1_OffNet
>
> [coo1_OffNet]
>
> exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(NUM)=3254000)
> exten => _X.,2,Set(CALLERID(NUM)=Widgets Inc.)
> exten => _X.,3,Goto(syst_OffNet,${EXTEN},1)

Bradley, If I do this, then I can no longer continue with further extensions in my dialplan as Asterisk has already matched a number. I still need to check black/white lists, set pic codes and rate centers, 4 digit extensions etc within the company context. I just need to set the caller id and then move on. If I goto over to ${EXTEN} within syst_OffNet, I'd have to put ALL this logic within that extension, which would mean potentiall several hundred priorities. Asterisk really does need a way to match a number, execute some code, and then go back to looking for extensions.