[asterisk-users] Match a Numer - then continue with dialplan

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Dec 19 15:03:38 MST 2006

I just know someone is going to ask 'why would you ever want to do that?'. Here's my answer.

We have two companies, each with a dialplan similar to what's below. In the event that the number being dialled does not match any number within our OWN company, we want to set the caller id to be a generic one for the company, NOT one for the user. This is a pretty normal requirement that most companies want. So, in the event that the logic flows beyond coo1_OnNet, we want to reset the caller id of say, 3254001 <Doug>, to 3254000 <Widgets Inc>. If there was a way to match against a number in the dialplan, and then continue execution after that point, we could put this statement at the end of the coo1_OnNet context and it would all be sweet. Without that, I don't have a clue how to do this... unless we stick with out current 3,000 line python script.

[coo1_CallStart]
include => coo1_OnNet
include => syst_OnNet
include => syst_OffNet

[coo1_OnNet]

    exten => 3254101,1,Dial(SIP/3254101,20,tr)
    exten => 3254102,1,Dial(SIP/3254102,20,tr)
    exten => 3254103,1,Dial(SIP/3254103,20,tr)

    exten => 1000,1,Answer
    exten => 1000,2,Wait(1)
    exten => 1000,3,NoOp(${FOO})

[syst_OnNet]