[asterisk-users] Re: Newbie Questions - Grandstorm phones?

Anthony Kepler anthony at jivanjeearch.com
Tue Dec 19 12:11:44 MST 2006

I am located on the west coast of the united states.
In order to dial an international number from within the US, we must
first dial the special international access code that tells the PSTN
"the following call is an international one" - in the US that is "011",
followed by the country code, and then the actual number for our
destination within that country.  (which would include whatever their
concept of area code, prefix, and destination number are - which varies
widely from country to country)

If you're generally interested in this, then you might find the
following reading interesting as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code