SPAM-LOW: Re: [asterisk-users] .Call files do not seem to work

Lee lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Dec 19 11:57:36 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 12:44:39PM -0500, Lee wrote:
>>> In the CLI:
>>>
>>> sip show peer axVoice
>>> show dialplan main_menu
>>> set verbose 3
>>>

>>> Then drop the call file
>>>
>>> What is the CLI trace of the above?
>>>
>> Hi, thanks for responding.  Please see the output below.
>>
>> Please note that moving a call file into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
>> did not produce any CLI output.  The file was copied correctly, I
>> believe and not present in the /outgoing directory when I checked with a
>> simple ls command.
>>
>> # cp lee.call test.call
>> # mv test.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
>
> Are both the current directory and /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing on the
> same filesystem? If not, a 'mv' is implemented through a copy.
>
> Anyway, you left out the CLI output of dropping trhe file.
>
> Can Asterisk read that file? Write to it?

Hi,

As I mentioned above, the action of dropping a .call into the /outgoing
directory did not produce any CLI output.  I did this through 2 putty
sessions.  The first, we setup to watch the CLI output and the second
was to use the commandline to move the .call into the /outgoing directory.

Asterisk must be doing *something* with the file (if just deleting it)
because if I check the /outgoing directory after I move the file, there
is no file there.  It's deleted.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee