[asterisk-users] 2 devices using same sip account

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Dec 19 10:48:01 MST 2006

Your phones only register once, when they first start up. Seems to me that
having multiple phones on the same account is asking for trouble- why not set
up multiple accounts in the usual way, and create a ring group for all the
phones you want to use? Like this example that rings two phones at the same
time:

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/101&SIP/102,30,t)
exten => 100,2,VoiceMail(100 at local-users)

There are all kinds of fancy variations on this theme, but the idea is the
same: one user with many phones, one extension, one voicemail box.

--
Carla Schroder