[asterisk-users] 2 devices using same sip account

rilawich ango maillisting at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:18:12 MST 2006

It seems that Greg is truth for the case.  Asterisk doesn't care how
many devices register to the same account as it is a feature of sip
protocol (please let me know if there is a method to restrict it).

In my case, I use a soft phone an hard phone using the same sip
account information to register to the same asterisk.  Soft phone
register first and then hard phone register later.  I dial the number
and hard phone ring.  Then I disconnect hard phone and expect soft
phone will be ring after a couple of time.  However, soft phone didn't
ring as the call is failed.  I issue "database showkey
SIP/Registry/sip account" in CLI.  It displays the information which
belongs to hard phone.  That's mean asterisk will keep the information
of hard phone even it is disconnected with ignoring the soft phone
registration.  Does asterisk can be set to refresh its registry in a
couple of time to remove the old registry record?