[asterisk-users] Remote Reboot of a Polycom

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 08:47:55 MST 2006

> > Does anyone know how to remotely reboot a PolyCom specifically 601
> > phone?
>
> sip notify polycom-check-cfg <ipaddr>
>
> Or you might have to switch the polycom-check-cfg and the ip. I forget the order. You
> also need to make sure that the phone has alwaysreboot=1 in the sip.cfg xml file.

You can also reboot by the sip device name (that you specified in sip.conf):

sip notify polycom-check-cfg <sip-device-name>

Note that you have to have a valid "sip_notify.conf" file.  The
default file from "make samples" has everything you need.

One caveat:  In the Polycom sip.cfg file, there is a setting:

<specialEvent ... voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1"/>

By default it is set to '0', which means the phone will only reboot on
a "sip notify" if the configuration files have changed.  I change this
to '1' so it will always reboot if I issue a "sip notify" command.

- Noah