[asterisk-users] .Call files do not seem to work

Lee lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Dec 19 08:17:51 MST 2006

Hi,

I was trying out call file just to see how they worked and my system
does not seem to do anything with them, although asterisk *is* deleting
the files that I put into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.

1. I nano'd a quick call file like so:

Channel: SIP/axVoice/9105555555
CallerID : Leebo <5555555555>
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 30
WaitTime: 10
Context: main_menu
Extension: s

2. And then mv'd to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

As I mentioned, Asterisk appears to be grabbing the file, but there is
no call made.

Q. Do calls originated like this show up in CLI output?

Q. The context portion of the package refers to the context to place the
call in after the remote person answers, right?  Or is it the context
that the origination should dial out on?  I've tried both ways just in
case, but no go.

Thanks for any help.

--

Warm Regards,