[asterisk-users] Distinctive Ring detection and caller ID

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue Dec 19 04:22:53 MST 2006

I have a line from BT (UK) connected to my asterisk system, on a
TDM400P.

I am able to see either distinctive ring cadences or caller ID but not
both. If I try to enable both, all drings show up as 0,0,0.

This is a pain because, if I make a call out over that line and the
number I call is busy, I can elect to camp on it (ringback), which
results in a different cadence of ring when the called number clears.

At the moment, if I try to do this, my IVR autoattendant picks up the
ringback, when ideally I want to be able to make every phone in the
house ring (distinctively in the case of the Zap devices but I have
mastered that).

I have read that this has been an issue for users in Argentina,
Australia and New Zealand, and have tried patching chan_zap.c and
recompiling, and enabling that patch, as people have had success with
there. However, it has not made any difference here.

It is more important for me to have the caller ID processing at present,
but I do need distinctive ring detection as well.

I use stable Debian with backports, meaning my asterisk is currently
1.2.10. All my packages are from there, patched as necessary.

I hope this can be resolved fairly quickly.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95