[asterisk-users] Inform callers on recorded/monitored number.

Angel Heart cocent at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 02:13:16 MST 2006

Hi Paul & Eric,

Thank you for you information and quick response. I had enabled Monitoring in every SIP phone already. Made some Playback see below truncated config;

exten => s,21,Dial(${pre_num:4}${the_num}${post_num},120,${TRUNK_OPTIONS})
exten => s,22,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s,108,Noop(max channels used up)
exten => s-BUSY,1,NoOp(Trunk is reporting BUSY)
exten => s-BUSY,2,Busy()
exten => s-BUSY,3,Wait(60)
exten => s-BUSY,4,NoOp()
;Below was an added codes for the purpose of advising caller status of their call.
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Playback(user)
exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Playback(is-curntly-unavail)
exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Hangup()

exten => s-ANSWER,1,Background(for-quality-purposes)
exten => s-ANSWER,n,Background(this-call-may-be)
exten => s-ANSWER,n,Background(recorded)

exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Playback(is-curntly-unavail)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,n,Hangup()

exten => s-CONGESTION,1,PlayTones(congestion)
exten => s-CONGESTION,n,Wait(5)
exten => s-CONGESTION,n,StopPlayTones()
exten => s-CONGESTION,n,Hangup()

All the value of  DIALSTATUS are working except if its ANSWER, it not working neither the caller or callee doen't hear anything. I might inserted the message at the wrong .conf file. I just thought that somebody out there had tried doing these before.

Scenerio:

SIP phone (101) wanted to call out-side Asterisk via ISDN/PSTN (6320011). Upon answering by user 6320011, it hears sound like "For Quality Assurance Purposes, this call might be monitored or recorded". It is more important for us that the called 6320011 should be informed about the recorded conversation and its up to him/her (called/6320011) to hangup or accept.

The same thing when some body called the SIP phone (101), from out-side Asterisk via ISDN/PSTN Trunk. The caller (from PSTN) should be informed about the recorded calls; Asterisk will send ringing tone then playback(For Quality...) continue with music(MOH) until SIP phone(101 will answer.

Hope you could provide me a little bit specific configuration on where to insert such scripts.

Thanks

Angel