[asterisk-users] Inform callers on recorded/monitored number.

Eric Jacksch eric.jacksch at tenebris.ca
Mon Dec 18 22:02:34 MST 2006

exten => s,1,Answer
exten =>
s,n,Set(REC=${URIENCODE(${STRFTIME(,America/Toronto,%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)}-${CALLER
ID(number)}-TESTBOARD-${UNIQUEID})})
exten => s,n,MixMonitor(${REC}.wav)
exten => s,n,Playback(this-call-may-be-monitored-or-recorded)

Note that I intentionally start the recording BEFORE advising the user that
the call may be monitored ‹ that way the first thing on the recording is the
user being advised of the recording.

On 2006-12-18 22:01, "Angel Heart" <cocent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How could I possibly inform incoming callers that the number they'd dialed is
> monitored and recorded.
>
> I wanted that when a call-in or call-out is made, a playback will be played to
> inform caller & callee that thier line is monitored prior to start
> conversation.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Angel

Eric Jacksch
+1 613 860-0964 Ottawa
+1 647 722-3544 Toronto
+1 514 907-0031 Montreal

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve
neither liberty or security." -- Benjamin Franklin