[asterisk-users] Cisco 7940 - NAT Option

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Mon Dec 18 09:06:38 MST 2006

I am thinking of turning on the NAT option in our Cisco phones (and the
corresponding sip.conf modification) to allow the phones to be taken outside
the LAN.

Can anyone think of any reason not to just always turn on the NAT enabled
option? I can't think of a reason not to always operate these phones with
this enabled, since it would likely allow them to be taken outside our LAN
and used. Could it hurt something when they are used inside our LAN with NAT
enabled?

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga

Torrenga Engineering, Inc.