[asterisk-users] Asterisk + Orion E1 GSM Gateway

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Mon Dec 18 08:10:44 MST 2006

Leo Ann Boon wrote:
> yusuf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just got hold on an Orion E1 30 port GSM Gateway, and I am having
>> problems trying to get the E1 link to come up.  I am using Asteisk
>> 1.2.12 with a Sangoma A101 card.  I am quite familiar with E1's, both
>> the Digium and Samgoma types, as I have successfully hooked up to many
>> PBX's and such, but I just cant seem to get this one to work.
>>
>> None of the 30 channels 'come up'. What signailling, crc checking,
>> should I be Master or slave?
>
> Sanity check: Have you read the fine manual :)?  I understand Orion
> makes both ISDN PRI/Q.SIG and MFC/R2 type E1 channel banks. If it's the
> PRI type, standard zaptel with the appropriate NET/CPE setting on the CB
> should be ok. If it's a MFC/R2, then you'll have to try unicall.
>
> Leo

Hi,

crazy thing is I dont have any manual or anything, just the Gateway.  From reading the 'sales' doc
on the Orion site, this is a PRI/Q.SIg type.  But I dont have anything else besides that.  I dont
even know how to get the Serial cable to work to configure the Gateway (through
Minicom/Hyperterminal, there is a configuration on Orion, or so I'm told.)

Can you help?

--
thanks,
yusuf