[asterisk-users] spandsp 0.0.3 RxFax fax reception crashes bristuffed asterisk 1.2.13

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:17:56 MST 2006

Hi

Last month, people reported a crash with Asterisk 1.2.13 and
spandsp-0.0.3 when receiving a fax using fax detection.

Today I've tried 1.2.14 with the latest spandsp 0.0.3pre27 and with
the snapshots for app_rxfax.c and app_txfax.c.

The problem still happens.

Has anyone found how to resolve this issue?

I tried emailing Steve Underwood (with crash backtrace) but he hasn't
answered...

Otherwise, have you found spandsp 0.0.3 to provide better fax
reception quality than 0.0.2?
While I've had no problem with 0.0.2 locally, it usually fails when we
receive faxes from overseas :(

Thanks
Regards
Jean-Yves