[asterisk-users] FYI Panasonic Wireless Phone MWI

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Dec 17 18:36:36 MST 2006

Yes I was very specific. Go back to my original post - search Panasonic
MWI - I described what I said and gave a link to the Panasonic specs for
this phone which clearly states that the MWI light blinks with new
messages and that phone company subscription to VM is required.

I did not mention Asterisk because if it works with phone company VM it
would work with Asterisk, assuming the FXO you were using was capable and
setup correctly.

Doug

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Steve Prior wrote:

> Noah Miller wrote:
> >> Last week I asked about MWI indicators on wireless phones that would work
> >> with Asterisk. I sent a message off to Panasonic asking them about it
> >> because in their ads they specifically stated that the indicator works
> >> with and requires phone company voicemail subscription.

> How exactly did you phrase the question to their tech support?  If you
> described Asterisk as an answering machine then you'd get the wrong
> answer.  If you described Asterisk as a PBX which provides a signal just
> like a telco voicemail would, then the answer would make sense.
>
> Steve

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *