[asterisk-users] Day/night service and indications on the phone

alberto at msoft-italia.com alberto at msoft-italia.com
Sun Dec 17 06:33:29 MST 2006

Hello everybody.

I have created an extension that enables/disables the night
service mode on asterisk (i.e. voicemail is started
on incoming calls, instead of entering a queue).

The night mode is activated/deactivated by the
front desk operator when the office is about to
close, by pressing a line key on the phone, which
dials the related extension.

Does anyone know a way to have an indication on the
operator's phone using BLF-style hints or similar?

I'd like to have a LED turned on when night mode is active
(most traditional PBXes offer this feature).

Is there a way, for instance, to force the device state
for a dialplan "hint", e.g. on a fake or local channel,
so that I can map a BLF key on
the phone to that hint?

I have not find anything suitable so far (except for
a PC system tray's icon, which is not applicable to
my situation).

Thanks,
Alberto.