[asterisk-users] Iptables rule help

Mail list asteriskmaillist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:21:46 MST 2006

This went little bit offtopic :P but i dont mind . Here's how i solved it (
just if some one in future goes in this problem and end up here by googling
) .
Port 5060 was blocked by isp incoming as well as outgoing  for few
extension's isp . On server i did
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p udp --dport 5091 -j DNAT  --to
72.9.100.210:5060

this made softphones register using port 5091 but when they make call
asterisk was writing port 5060 somewhere it seems so when they hanged up
asterisk was not detecting hangup's properly ( beware of sjphone it is
useless in this situation bcoz it doesnt allow changing port it listens on )
so i went with x-lite and change ports it use to something like 45000
instead of 5060 and i moved asterisk to port 5091 completely and made a rule
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p udp --dport 5060 -j DNAT  --to
72.9.100.210:5091

so now other people can make calls and register using port 5060 ( iptables
redirect it to 5091 but still hangup and all everything work perfectly (
bcoz port 5060 and 5091 both works for them )  and my extensions behind port
blocked isp are all happy as they can completely use port 5091 :) for
eveything .
Thanks for help everyone :) .