[asterisk-users] Linux distro + Asterisk or Trixbox?

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 08:08:16 MST 2006

> I've been doing a lot of playing, and a lot of reading, and it seems people
> are split as to whereas if they're running their favorite Linux distro and
> asterisk or Trixbox.  I'm getting closer to really looking at a production
> environment and I'm just looking for any opinions.  I'm really enjoying
> learning linux and asterisk, so initial "ease of use" isn't really a huge
> benefit to me.  In the end stability and upgradeability will be my main
> concerns.
My favorite for stability and upgradeability is CentOS + Asterisk plain install

As a proof, here is what I get on my home PBX
[root at panoramix root]# uptime
 10:04:01  up 250 days, 19:53,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I think that speaks for itself :c)

I'm not saying Trixbox is not stable (since it is based on CentOS),
but it is not as customizable as a plain install (IMHO)

YMMV