[asterisk-users] RE: Extending Avaya IP Office ISDN30e with Asterisk

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Thu Dec 14 03:18:48 MST 2006

>Has anyone hooked up * as an extension/trunk of an Avaya system that has
>around 2 ISDN30e's.

I'm currently running an Asterisk box between my ISDN30 PRI and my
Argent Office (pre Avaya takeover of Network Alchemy but still the same
box as the Avaya IP Office).

All it took was a two PRI digium card and a PRI crossover cable between
the Asterisk box and the Argent.  You'd need a four port card of course.

All seems to work well.  I did have some issues with the Argent
rejecting data calls when the DDI wasn't set to receive them but relied
on the default 'route all DATA type calls to this service' in the
Argent.  I cured this by setting an explicit incoming call route for
these DATA calls on the Argent and it worked.

--
 Regards,
     Russell