[asterisk-users] MeetMe Conferencing and Marked Mode

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Thu Dec 14 02:38:38 MST 2006

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND schrieb:
> I'll give this a try but seems silly to require 2 different extensions
> for one conference room. Thanks for the input.

Actually you don't need 2 different extension, but two different
parameter-sets for the meetme-App. So, you have to implement some logic
that detects, if the calling user has to be marked or not. It's your
choice if you do this by dialplan logic or by AGI, or something else.

The second PIN, which you can define in meetme.conf, is not for the
marked mode, but for the admin mode. This gives the user some control
over the conf.

example:

exten => s,1,playback("choose one for marked mode or two for normal mode")

exten => 1,1,meetme(100,a)
exten => 2,1,meetme(100,w)

(Please note that the above is not an working dialplan ;-) )

Personally, I use an AGI for my Conferencing-Apps and let it generate
the correct Parameters for the meetme App.

Cheers,

Tobias