[asterisk-users] Question about hardware

jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Wed Dec 13 08:07:40 MST 2006

nope, just a regular old phone cord.  with that card and a PC, you can
receive calls, dial out, terminate SIP, IAX, create an answering
machine, run voicemail, talk to jabber servers, all kinds of fun stuff!
Asterisk is almost as good as Legos and a lot easier on bare feet at 2am!

Michael Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 08:29 -0600, jason wrote:
>
>> cheapy PC (throw away PII is fine) and if you want to use the PSTN, a
>> X100P FXO card. These can be had on ebay for 11 bucks, but I understand
>> that even that pushes the bank some days.  You don't need the card, you
>> only need it if you want to receive or place calls on the PSTN.  You can
>> use asterisk to do all sorts of ip telephony with just the box that it
>> runs on.   Also, be sure to grab the free Oreily book, Asterisk the
>> Future of Telephony.  A link to it was posted recently.
>>

> I ordered the card off ebay.  Is there anything else I'd need - special
> cords, phones, etc?  I'd have to try for them next month or after, but
> I'd prefer to know what they are now so that I can be looking for
> them...

Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,
only that you were there... and still on your feet